Macro view of a nail in the laundry room. Shot with my iPhone using a Photojojo macro lens and the Hipstamatic app, using its Buckhorst lens and Blanko film settings. I also raised the saturation and sharpened slightly in Photoforge 2. The untouched version of this image made the honor roll in a recent Instagram challenge, which inspired me to extend from my usual style and see what could be done within the limitations set by the contest, which indeed proved challenging, yet rewarding.
- Moth Drama: Transforming The Ordinary into Art (rsmithing.com)
- Hipstamatic Addict Insane (lifewithgusto.wordpress.com)
- How to Become Popular on Instagram: 10 tips (rsmithing.com)
- Photoforge2: My First App Review (rsmithing.com)
- iPhone macro lens (or, the best $20 ever spent) (poeticaperture.com)