Okay, this is it for the moth photo posts (for a while, anyway). I usually do a Single Image Sundays post right about now, but I’m supersizing it for you with a bonus slide show of select photos I’ve taken & shared in support of National Moth Week, which ends today. Here ’tis:
This project motivated me to expand on the moth photography I was already doing, and I’m happy to report the results have been totally worthwhile. I’ve also enjoyed viewing a ton of interesting moth photos from around the country and have discovered the world of nature photography over at Project Noah (find me there as rsmithing).
Just in case the slide show up top doesn’t render, here’s my favorite image with a link to the whole set on Flickr:
What do you think? Have you ever participated in a group photo project, or nature documentation? Ever experimented with macro photography? Let us hear from you in the comments!
- Butterflies, schmutterflies: Celebrate National Moth Week (journalstar.com)
- National Moth Week: Mmm… Sugar Water! [VIDEO] (rsmithing.com)
- Mad About Moths – National Moth Week! (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- Country diary: Woodnewton, Northamptonshire: Why moths don’t deserve their demon status (guardian.co.uk)
- it’s national moth week! (rebeccainthewoods.wordpress.com)
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park to hold event for National Moth Week (columbiamissourian.com)
- National Moth Week July 23-29, 2012 (membracid.wordpress.com)