Looking for a home security solution?
Good luck with that!
Want to feel safe when driving your car?
Get in line!
Fearful when walking alone at night?
Well you should be…
When life seems dangerous and unmanageable,
Just remember that IT IS…
…and that you can’t survive forever.
Welcome to Night Vale
The above text is from “Welcome to Night Vale,” an excellent, surreal podcast. I receive no compensation from there (or Denny’s) for sharing this message; I’ve just really, really been enjoying the show lately. This radio-news-report-style “broadcast” from a mysterious town brings together the quaintness of Mayberry, the weirdness of Twin Peaks, and the spookiness of The X-Files in an chillingly funny, original way, with great writing and performance. Check it out on iTunes for free.
Text of above “ad” from Episode 27, “First Date,” at about 17:39 [transcript]
What do you think? Are you into anything you’d describe as surreal? Do you listen to Night Vale? What are some podcasts you enjoy ? Been to Denny’s lately? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Nightvale Podcast (comm221getmoney.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Tips on Home Security (Part II) (kayleean.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to Night Vale Fan Creates Detailed Maps of the City, Unwisely Includes the Dog Park (themarysue.com)
- Celeb Interview: Creators of “Welcome to Night Vale” (stuffmonsterslike.com)
- Podcast Time! Make Your Own Website, Mobile Photos & More: The Less Desirables (rsmithing.com)
- Internet Saved the Radio Star: The Rise of Podcast Drama (Column) (popmatters.com)
- In the surreal shadows of “Night Vale,” a new fandom lurks (dailydot.com)
- You really should be listening to “Welcome to Night Vale”. Now. (gcbooks.wordpress.com)
- Fan-created transcripts make it even easier to get into “Night Vale” (dailydot.com)
- Welcome to Night Vale: Why Everyone Is Talking About This Podcast (geeksugar.com)