Here’s the original by Jerry Uelsmann:
And here are my source images, all photographed by me over the last few years, with links to the full-size versions:
Uelsmann is The Man
I hope to make it abundantly clear that the inspiration and vision for this image is 100% Uelsmann — I take no credit for the origination of the composition, and I’ve made efforts to make this clear in a number of places. My effort here is strictly a study of technique and a visual challenge, with full respect and homage to someone who inspires me. It was fun to do, and I’m pleased with the result.
What do you think? Have you ever photographed, drawn or painted after one of the masters or someone who inspires you? What was the outcome? Where do you go for inspiration? How does that take shape? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Jerry Uelsmann Photography (calliedava.wordpress.com)
- Famous, inspired by Jerry Uelsmann (grahamcracker1228.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration (ryanbernadettphotography.wordpress.com)
- Artwork Feature At Lensblr.com (rsmithing.com)
- Jerry Uelsmann (mikaelatymukas.wordpress.com)
- DREAM THEATER’s LABRIE Says New Album ‘Stacks Up Phenomenally’ Against Previous Efforts (blabbermouth.net)
- Marian Bantjes, Ed Emberley, Jerry Uelsmann and Maggie Taylor (kingakowalczyk.com)
- Photography – Photomontage 03/10/13 (thomasvauxmedia.wordpress.com)